05 May 2015
You are here: News - What Can't You Leave Behind On Holiday?
When packing for a holiday there are definitely items that would go in the "nice to have" list. This includes an extra summer dress you MIGHT wear one day. Or that book that you've been threatening to read for ages. Or a pair of dumbbells for those workouts you have planned. These are non-essentials and we often return from holiday, unpacking our suitcases wondering "what was I thinking when I packed this?"
But then there are the crucial items. Those that, ironically, you never think of packing and end up buying when on holiday. To save you the trouble, we've compiled a short list of must-pack items:
- Wet wipes: whether you have kids with sticky fingers or whether you're going to the beach, wet wipes can be a life-saver.
- Chargers: It's so easy to forget a charger for one of your devices since we all have a couple that we lug around with us. Remember the chargers for your cellphone, tablet, batteries, laptop and electric shaver.
- Mosquito repellent: Especially when going to warm or humid areas that are near water. Nothing ruins a balmy evening outside like a mozzie attack.
- Toilet paper: this sounds crazy, but apart from its normal use, it can be dead useful for all sorts of things. Spills in the car, dirty faces, dripping ice cream cones etc.
- Sunscreen and a hat: Sunburn isn't fun and it's dangerous. Enough said.
- Warm clothes (even if you're going on a summer holiday): Regrettably, you can't foresee the weather and as sad as it may sound, your perfect summer holiday can become a cold one if it rains. Pack at least one set of warm clothes. Reverse is the case if you're planning a winter holiday somewhere - prepare for that one day of sunshine!
What do you think? Does this list sound familiar? What can't you live without on your holiday?