The worldwide Covid-19 pandemic has taken no prisoners and this included the much awaited annual RCI Oscas gala evening which was supposed to have taken place at Monte Casino Fairways last 11 March. Despite the event being cancelled, RCI still released the winners. Notwithstanding these sombre times, The Beekman Group came out on top with numerous accolades from the industry.
Cayley received the Innovation Award. The Beekman Group won the Technology Award while the Group’s resorts management arm, Vacation Management Services (VMS) was recognised in a number of the categories.
The following resorts and individual staff members were recognised by the industry for their achievements, dedication and service excellence:
- Sunshine Bay Beach Club was nominated in the category – Top 5 Gold Crown Resorts – Medium
- Falcon Glen and Sea ‘n Sky were nominated in the category – Top 5 Silver Crown Resorts – Small
- Margate Beach Club and Formosa Bay Villas were nominated in the category – Top 5 Silver Crown Resorts – Medium
- Castleton, Hazyview Cabanas and Kiara Lodge were nominated in the category – Top 5 Silver Crown Resorts – Large
- Banana Beach Club and Umhlanga Cabanas were nominated in the category – Top 5 Hospitality Resorts (both properties have been upgraded now to Silver Crown)
- Castleton was nominated in the category – Top Housekeeping – Large
- Falcon Glen was nominated in the category – Top Unit Maintenance – Small
- Castleton was nominated in the category – Top Unit Maintenance – Large
- Hazyview Cabanas and Qunu Falls Lodge were recognised with Partnership Awards – Long Service
of the Year awards went to the following members of staff
- Bronwyn Nicholas – Banana Beach Club
- Danie van der Merwe – Qunu Falls Lodge
- Dirk du Plessis – Illovo Beach Club
- Gerhardt Mynhardt – Dikhololo
- Jacques Schlebusch – The Aloes
- Joyce Nzama – Margate Beach Club
- Keith Webber – Dikhololo
- Leander du Plessis – Cayley Lodge
- Martie Mc Taggart – Hazyview Cabanas
- Mary-Ann Matroos – Sunshine Bay Beach Club
- Nick van Graan – Formosa Bay Villas
The Group continues to focus on our vision, which is “Making Extraordinary Holidays The Standard”.
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees and best of luck for next year!